Is your Tineco S5 voice not working?
If you’re a Tineco One S5, Tineco One S5 Pro, or Tineco One S5 Combo owner, you’ll know by now how much easier it is to keep your machine in check with the help of voice prompts.
Let’s face it; we live in a busy world where the more help we can get from smart home devices, the better!
Well, today, I am here to tell you that there are practical solutions to get your Tineco S5 voice prompts up and running again.
So, I have put together a comprehensive guide to help you troubleshoot this common Tineco S5 issue 🙂
Why Your Tineco S5 Voice Is Not Working
Your Tineco S5 Voice may not be working for a variety of reasons, including no events needing to be reported, issues with your device settings or firmware, or a defect in your Tineco S5 machine.
Below is a breakdown of all potential issues along with the solutions:
1. No Event Needs To Be Reported
Your Tineco S5 voice prompts activate whenever there is an event to be reported.
- When the dirty water tank has reached the Max line
- When the brush roller is blocked
- When the Clean Water Tank is empty and needs to be refilled
- When the battery is too low and needs to be charged
- When the dirt sensor is blocked or malfunctioning
You could test your Tineco S5 voice not working issue by using the machine with an empty clean water tank or low battery.
If your Tineco S5 voice activates, you’ll know that what you thought was an issue was actually a lack of events to be reported 🙂
If the voice prompt does not activate, follow the next troubleshooting step.
2. Your Tineco S5 Voice Prompts Are Disabled
Another potential reason why your Tineco S5 Voice is not working is that the voice prompts are disabled.
To enable the voice prompts, you simply need to short press a button located behind your Tineco S5 vacuum.
The mute button is located between the tube attachment and the Clean Water Tank Release button.
See the image below showing exactly where the mute button is.
3. Your Internet Connection Is Not Stable
The Tineco S5 Voice prompt can also be activated via the app.
However, without a stable internet connection, the app will not be able to communicate with your Tineco vacuum.
In such a case, the quickest thing to do is follow step 2 above and activate your Tineco S5 voice prompt directly via the machine itself.
But if you are happy to troubleshoot your internet connection, here are a few things you can try:
- Restart your router: One of the first steps you can take is to restart your router. Turn it off, wait for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. This can often help resolve any issues that may be causing your internet connection to be unstable.
- Check if other devices are experiencing the same issue: If other devices on the same network are also experiencing connectivity issues, it’s likely an issue with your internet service provider (ISP) or your network. Contact your ISP for further assistance.
- Ensure that your Tineco S5 is connected to the correct network: Check that your vacuum cleaner is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. Watch the video below to learn how to connect your Tineco S5 vacuum and app to the Wi-Fi:
4. The Machine Needs a Firmware Update
I recommend you check your Tineco app at least once a month to see if there are any firmware updates available for your vacuum cleaner.
Updating the firmware can help resolve issues such as a Tineco S5 voice not working.
To check whether an update is available, simply open your Tineco app and look out for a pop up notification regarding firmware update availability.
What If My Tineco S5 Voice Feature Is Still Not Working?
If you followed the above steps but the Tineco S5 voice prompt is still not working, contact Tineco support.
Your machines should have come with a 2-year limited warranty covering all labor and parts
To be eligible for the warranty:
- Your Tineco One S5, Tineco One S5 Pro, or Tineco One S5 Combo must be purchased from authorized Tineco retailers
- You must maintain the machine as per the instruction manual
- Your Tineco S5 should not be used outside of a private household
- The machine must be used in the country where it was purchased
It is important to note that the warranty applies only to the original owner and to the original battery.
To make a claim under the limited warranty, you must provide the serial number and the original purchase receipt with the purchase date and order number on it.
If your Tineco S5 is no longer under warranty, contact Tineco support anyway, as they will be able to advise on the next step to take 🙂
The Tineco S5 Voice not working can be a frustrating issue, but the solutions above should have hopefully helped you get the problem sorted.
- Test whether there are any events to be reported
- Check if your Tineco S5 voice prompt is disabled
- Ensure your internet connection is stable
- Update your Tineco S5 firmware
Contact Tineco support if you need further assistance.