Is your Tineco Floor One S3 not charging?
Don’t worry, the issue is more common than you think!
The good news is that there are a number of things you can try to fix the dreaded “not charging” problem without having to contact Tineco.
So, before you start freaking out and thinking you’ll have to resort to sweeping like they did in the olden days, let me help you 🙂
In this guide, you will learn:
- The reasons why your Tineco Floor One S3 won’t charge
- How to fix the issue
- and more!
Tineco Floor One S3 Not Charging – Quick Summary
Your Tineco Floor One S3 won’t charge if the power cord or outlet are damaged, the machine is currently self-cleaning, water has gone into the charging dock, your Tineco Floor One S3 is already fully charged, the battery is faulty, or the vacuum has dirty connections or is overheated.
Troubleshooting Your Tineco Floor One S3 That Won’t Charge
Below are a few things you can check before resorting to calling Tineco customer support.
Here is also the Tineco Floor One S3 manual in case you need it.
1. Damaged outlet
If your Tineco Floor One S3 is not charging, carry out the following tests to check that the outlet you are using to dock it into is working:
- Plug a different device into the outlet to see whether the outlet itself is the issue
- Plug your Tineco vacuum into a different outlet to check if your Tineco Floor One S3 is the issue
If a different device works in the original outlet, then the issue is with your Tineco. In that case, try the other steps below.
If the issue is the outlet, then your machine is all good 🙂
If neither outlets work, try resetting the circuit breaker.
2. The power cord or plug is damaged
If you have run the tests above and noticed that plugging your Tineco Floor One S3 into a different outlet did not make any difference, then the issue may be that the cord or plug is damaged.
If they are, then you may need to replace the charger in order for the machine to start charging again.
Inspect the cord and plug to see if there is any visible damage.
If there isn’t any damage, try the other steps below before spending money on a new charger, but keep in mind you may need to replace it.
Please note: Not using the original (or a compatible) Tineco charger can also lead to charging issues, so make sure you only replace your current one with an original or compatible charger.
3. The self-cleaning cycle is running
A Tineco Floor One S3 comes with a three-in-one docking station that stores, charges, and cleans your device.
To begin charging a Tineco Floor One S3, you simply need to place it on the docking station and plug it in.
However, the docking station can also be used to initiate the self-cleaning cycle, which requires the battery level to be more than ⅓.
Charging will be temporarily halted while the self-cleaning cycle is running. It will then restart after the cleanout process is complete.
So, if your Tineco Floor One S3 is not charging and you noticed that the dirty water tank is filling up with water, your machine is simply getting itself cleaned up for you 🙂
4. Water entered the charging base
This will be harder to spot, as the docking station will not work if the charger is damaged.
So, it can be hard to tell whether there is an issue with the actual docking station, unless you have a spare charger that you can plug into the charging base to test it.
Do not attempt to take the charging base apart.
Instead, contact Tineco if you suspect that water has entered the charging base.
5. The battery indicator is up to the max
When your Tineco Floor One S3 is charged, the battery indicator will show as 100% full.
Check that the indicator is not already up to the max, as your Tineco will not charge otherwise.
6. Clean up the connections on main body and wall mount
Try to hold the position at charging contact like in the video below:
If pressing your Tineco Floor One S3 against the charging base solves the issue temporarily, then you can try to clean up the connections on the main body and wall mount to see if that solves it completely.
If cleaning the connections does not fix the problem for good, contact Tineco for help.
7. Let the adapter and the unit cool down
If your Tineco Floor One S3 has been sitting on the charging station for a few hours, then the unit and the adapter may simply need cooling down.
The same can happen if the charging base sits in a very hot room. In which case, I recommend you move it to a cooler, more ventilated room.
8. Replace the battery
If your Tineco Floor One S3 is not charging, the battery may need replacing.
Contact Tineco as a replacement battery may still be under your warranty depending on when you purchased the appliance.
9. Contact Tineco
By now, you may have already contacted Tineco as part of the steps above.
If you haven’t, make sure you do and take advantage of their 2-year warranty!
If your Tineco Floor One S3 is not charging due to an issue with internal components, Tineco should be able to offer repair or replacement.
Here is what their warranty covers:
- All labor and parts on the condition that the appliance has been used in the country in which it was sold
- Warranty only valid for private household use in accordance with the Tineco Instruction Manual.
In addition, motorized accessories and battery bought separately come with a 1-year warranty.
Additional Things To Know Regarding Charging a Tineco Floor One S3
- Only use the Tineco-approved charger to recharge or a charger that is fully compatible. Using the wrong charger may cause a fire hazard
- Do not use a damaged or altered battery pack or appliance. Batteries that have been damaged or altered may display unpredictable behavior, resulting in fire, explosion, or injury
- Do not expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature
- Exposure to fire or temperature above 266°F (130°C) may cause an explosion
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack or appliance
- outside of the temperature range specified in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire
How Do I Know if my Tineco Floor One S3 Is Charging?
Check your vacuum’s digital display to see if the battery indicator is blinking successively. If it is, then your Tineco Floor One S3 is charging, and the indicator will stop blinking once 100% charge is reached.
How Long Does Tineco Floor One S3 Battery Last?
When in auto mode, the runtime of a Tineco Floor One S3 is approximately 35 minutes. However, this may vary depending on which surfaces and how the machine is used.
Runtime can also be affected by the battery age, so if you have had your Tineco for quite a while, contact the manufacturer for a battery replacement to get your appliance back to its original runtime.
How Long Does The Tineco Floor One S3 Take To Charge?
The Tineco Floor One S3 takes 4 hours to reach a full charge. If you have not used your machine for a long time, make sure you still charge it at least once every 3 months to maintain optimal performance.
Can You Leave the Tineco Floor One S3 On Charge?
Yes, you can leave the Floor One S3 plugged in as it will automatically stop charging once the battery has reached 100%. The battery level indicator will also turn off 5 minutes after the battery has fully charged.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons why a Tineco Floor One S3 won’t charge.
To recap, here are the possible causes:
- The outlet is damaged
- The cord or plug is damaged
- The self-cleaning cycle is running
- Water entered the charging base
- The battery indicator is already showing full charge
- Connections on the main body and wall mount need cleaning
- Both the adapter and the unit need cooling down
- It is time to replace the battery
Make sure you contact Tineco if none of the above works, as you may still be able to take advantage of their 2-year warranty!