Is your Tineco iFloor 3 self-cleaning symbol blinking?
Don’t worry! Your vacuum is simply telling you that it is time for some TLC (No, not for you… for the machine!) 🙂
In this step-by-step guide, you will learn:
- Why your Tineco iFloor 3 self-cleaning light is flashing
- How to properly clean the machine to reset the light
Why Your Tineco iFloor 3 Self-cleaning Is Blinking
Your Tineco iFloo3 indicator will blink if your machine is in need of self-cleaning. The water drop symbol at the top of your vacuum will keep flashing until you place the appliance on the charging base and initiate the self-cleaning process, which will also involve cleaning the brush roller.
How To Self Clean a Tineco iFloor 3
Using the self-cleaning feature of your Tineco iFloor 3 is really simple.
This video shows exactly how to initiate the process (watch from 0:33)
Alternatively, follow the steps below if the self-cleaning indicator is flashing:
- Fill up the clear water tank all the way up to the “max” line
- Plug in the charging base
- Place your Tineco iFloor 3 on the charging base
- Wait until the battery level shows at least one line
- Press and hold the self-cleaning button located at the top of your Tineco iFloor 3 handle
During the self-cleaning process, you will see the bottom water tank fill up with dirty water.
Wait for the self-cleaning process to finish.
Then, clean the following:
- The dirt water tank
- The HEPA filter
- The floater
- The brush roller
Ensure everything is dry before re-install them to your Tineco iFloor 3.
Cleaning The Dirt Water Tank, HEPA Filter, and Floater
- Remove the dirt water tank
- Pull off the lid along with the attached HEPA filter and floater
- Empty the water tank
- Clean the dirty water tank using the 3 in 1 cleaning tool
- Remove the HEPA filter and rinse it with cold water
- Remove the floater and rinse it with cold water
- Let everything dry
- Put everything back in place
- Reinstall the dirty water tank
Cleaning The Brush Roller
- Pull the brush roller cover towards you
- Pull the cover upward to remove it
- Remove the brush roller
- Use the cleaning tool or a pair of scissors (carefully) to get rid of tangled hair and other debris
- Clean the water inlet using the cleaning tool
- Clean the brush roller holder using the cleaning tool
- Place the brush roller cover under running water and remove debris using the cleaning tool
- Dry the cover thoroughly
- Put the brush roller back in place
- Place the cover back on the vacuum head
Tineco Ifloor 3 Self Clean Not Working
If your Tineco iFloor 3 self-cleaning feature is not working, it could be that you have accidentally pressed the wrong button or that your machine does not have enough charge to support self-cleaning:
Pressing The Wrong Button
In my experience, many people tend to confuse the 3 buttons located on the Tineco iFloor 3 handle:
Make sure you press the correct button to initiate self-clean. Here is what the button looks like:
The Vacuum Needs Charging
Your Tineco iFloor 3 needs at least one line of battery to be able to support self-cleaning.
Check the battery level of your machine. Let your Tineco iFloor 3 charge first if needed.
Self-cleaning May No Longer Be Working
If your Tineco iFloor 3 is charged and you are pressing the correct button, something may be wrong with your machine.
Contact Tineco support for further help.
Water Drop Indicator Still Blinking After Self-cleaning The Machine
If your Tineco iFloor 3 self-cleaning icon is still blinking despite having followed all the steps above, there may be something wrong with your machine.
Contact Tineco support as they may be able to repair or replace your vacuum cleaner.
The Tineco iFloor 3 comes with a 2-year warranty, offering repair service or replacement for in-warranty issues, along with free shipping.
- Warranty will not be valid if the machine was purchased from unauthorized retailers
- Warranty will be void if you have used your Tineco iFloor 3 to clean a commercial property rather than a private one
- Motorized accessories and batteries bought separately come with a 1-year warranty
Don’t ignore your good old Tineco iFloor 3 if the self-cleaning icon is blinking, since poorly maintained vacuums are more prone to break!
- Place the vacuum on the charging base
- Press the self-clean button
- Let the process finish
- Clean the dirt water tank, HEPA, and floater
- Clean the brush roller
Remember that your machine may still be under warranty and Tineco will be more than happy to help you if your machine does not work as it should 🙂