iRobot sold over 40 million units by 2021 and has become one of the most popular brands of robot vacuum cleaners.
Yet, no matter how popular or good a brand is, all vacuums can malfunction eventually.
A common issue is the Roomba 694 side brush not spinning. But why does that happen?
If your Roomba 694 side brush is not spinning, it may be due to the side brush module being jammed, a poorly-lubricated side brush motor, or lodged debris inside the gearbox or under the side brush.
In this guide, I will help you troubleshoot the issue and walk you through fixing it.
Roomba 694 Side Brush Not Spinning – An Easy Guide
A Roomba 694 side brush can stop spinning due to the following reasons:
- The side brush needs cleaning
- Dirty side brush motor
- Poorly-lubricated side brush motor
- Lodged debris under the side brush
This guide will help you troubleshoot the issue and hopefully fix it without the need to contact iRobot customer support.
However, make sure you contact iRobot if you feel stuck or if none of the steps has worked for you.
How Do You Fix A Roomba 694 Side Brush That Doesn’t Spin?
Follow the steps below to fix a Roomba 694 vacuum brush that does not spin.
Start with step 1 and stop if a particular step has helped you fix the issue:
1. Clean The iRobot Roomba 694 Side Brush
- Turn the iRobot Roomba 694 upsidedown
- Undo the screw located in the middle of the side brush
- Remove the side brush by gently pulling it.
- If you are finding it hard to remove it, utilize a plastic opening tool to take the brush out
- Put the device back together by following the steps in reverse
2. Clean and lubricate The Side Brush Motor Shaft
- Undo the screws located at the bottom of your Roomba 694
- Remove the rear cover
- Undo the screws that keep the side brush motor shaft in place
- Disassemble the motor shaft, clean it and apply a small amount of oil
- Put everything back together
- Test the side brush using your finger to see if it spins smoothly
3. Replace The Roomba 694 Side Brush
If cleaning and lubricating both the side brush and the motor shaft does not help, try to replace the side brush.
You can easily order a side brush on Amazon.
4. Use Your iRobot Roomba 694 Without Side Brush
If the side brush still doesn’t work after replacing it, you can simply use your Roomba 694 without the side brush.
In fact, you could even try this and see how it works for you before purchasing a new side brush.
Your Roomba will still be able to pick up dirt, though it will struggle to pick up the heavier debris.
An option would be to simply clean edges like base boards using a broom.
iRobot Roomba 694 User Manual
Still having issues?
Click here to view the Roomba 694 owner’s manual for further information on how to fix or maintain your robot vacuum cleaner.
What Does The Side Brush On Roomba 694 Do?
The side brush on the Roomba 694 helps the robot vacuum remove dirt, dust, and debris from edges like base boards.
Will Roomba 694 Work Without Side Brush?
Yes, the Roomba 694 works without side brushes and picks up dust, hair, and pet fur just fine. However, it will struggle to pick up heavier dirt as there will be no brush to lift the dirt towards the suction.
How Often To Replace Roomba 694 Side Brush?
iRobot advises you should replace your Roomba 694 side brush every 6 to 12 months. However, you don’t need to do that if the side brush is working perfectly fine. Inspect the state of the brush bristles to see if replacement is necessary.
There are so many reasons why your Roomba 694 side brush may not be spinning. Troubleshooting is crucial to get your robot vacuum side brush to spin again.
To recap, try the following:
- Clean the iRobot Roomba 694 side brush
- Clean and lubricate the side brush motor shaft
- Replace the Roomba 694 side brush
- Use Your iRobot Roomba 694 without a side brush
Contact iRobot consumer care for further assistance.